Delaware North Careers
» Prep Cook - DNC Columbus Sportservice (Columbus, OH)
» Future Notification Only - DNC Sportservice (Various Locations, US)
The contracting out of our concession stands to non-profit groups for fundraising purposes is a community service that benefits both the non-profit organization and Delaware North Companies Sportservice. Delaware North Companies Sportservice is one of the largest providers of quality food and beverages to professional sporting teams. We employ and provide fundraising opportunities to thousands of people and organizations nationwide.
Our fundraising program is a great way for highly motivated non-profit groups such as yours to raise funds while providing quality service to the fans at Nationwide Arena. Non profit groups have used this opportunity as a way to raise the much needed funds for equipment, supplies and activities. Our Concession Stand fundraising programs build teamwork and character amongst your volunteers.
The group must supply the required number of adults to run their assigned concession stand properly. All fundraisers who work in the stands must be 19 and older for the purpose of selling alcohol. These fundraisers must understand that they will be required to work hard and present a positive image befitting a representative of The Columbus Blue Jackets and Delaware North Sportservice. All volunteers must wear the Sportservice uniform and attend all orientation and training classes required by Sportservice.
In return for your group's work and effort, Sportservice will donate a commission based on gross sales, minus applicable sales tax and any shortage that may occur. Commission percentages vary by commitment level.
For more information, please supply your contact information, and we will be happy to provide you more details.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Has your organization participated in concession stand fund raising before?; Yes/No 2. Is your organization a 501(c)3 organization?; Yes/No
1. Has your organization participated in concession stand fund raising before?; Yes/No
2. Is your organization a 501(c)3 organization?; Yes/No
Under the direction of supervisor, prepares and serves hot and/or cold food items, in accordance with the Company’s GuestPath Universal Service Standards and applicable Operational Standards.
• Prepares food to specifications before and during unit operations.
• Properly measures and portions all food items. Complies with all portion sizes, quality standards, department rules, policies and procedures.
• Cooks all food to proper specifications in a timely manner.
• Utilizes kitchen equipment to prepare food items such as: knives, slicers, whips, pots, pans, warmers, steamers, grills, ovens, etc.
• Ensures proper food temperatures are maintained and food is stored correctly.
• Ensures freshness and quality of all menu items.
• Packages all products to proper specifications
• Performs opening, closing and side work duties as instructed and according proper guidelines.
• Keeps workstation and equipment clean, organized, sanitized, and sufficiently stocked.
• Follows and upholds all health codes and sanitation regulations.
• Sets up and operates kitchen equipment
• Uses waste control guidelines and records all waste on spoilage sheet.
• Performs other duties assigned
(Insert unit-specifications below, if applicable)
• Completes end of day inventory and other opening/closing duties in accordance with company checklists and procedures
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• High school education is desired; participation/enrollment in culinary program a plus
• Minimum of 6 months- 1 year previous experience in back-of-the-house foodservice position preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Ability to read and understand recipes and food abbreviations.
• Pleasant and friendly; ability to adhere to GuestPath’s Universal Service Standards
• Ability to communicate with others
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Attentive and detailed oriented.
• Capable of following procedures and taking directions.
• Basic math skills; ability to understand, calculate and follow recipe measurements and proportions
• Manual dexterity sufficient to chop, mix, blend, whip etc. a variety of foods and liquids.
• Ability to lift and carry large pans from ovens or freezers, weighing up to 50 lbs.
• Ability to handle or operate dangerous kitchen equipment
• Ability to move rapidly and coordinate multiple orders.
• Standing and walking for entire length of shift
• Frequently required to reach up to 6-7 feet, twist at waist, bending and squatting
• Pushing and pulling occasionally, to move equipment, mops and brooms
ENVIRONMENTAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
• Kitchen environment – noise levels may be moderate to high
• Works frequently in a hot and damp environment.
• In contact with sharp knives, slicers, boiling liquids, hot pans, etc.
• Hazards include, but are not limited to, cuts from broken glass, metal cans, scalds and burns, slipping and tripping.
• Frequently immerses hands in water.
*Nothing in this job description restricts the management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities on this job at any time.
Delaware North Companies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Click here to view all other job opportunities on this board.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ